Portable Glass Rinser?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikeMan

It ain't all burritos and strippers, my friend.
Reaction score
Has anyone here built a portable, CO2 pressure powered glass rinser that can easily, temporarily, and securely mount on the edges of various table tops (that can vary from event to event)? If so, please show and tell. TIA!

Thanks. But regardless of the source of motive power, I'm mainly interested in how people have mounted the business end.

Seems like it could be powered by a keg full of water.

Yes, that's the plan. But again, that's not the part for which I'm looking for inspiration. I'm interested in how people have enclosed/mounted the rinsing mechanism to tables at various events.

Now I've thought about it longer, I'd probably take an ordinary C-clamp, grind the top flat, then cut a piece of steel plate (from my scrap collection), drill holes to make a base for the rinser, and then weld or braze the plate to it.
Of course that assumes you have a ginder, drill, scrap steel, a redundant c-clamp and welding equipment or at least a propane torch...but then I'm one of those who think that everyone should have such things to hand for when needed :p

Could also make a nice wood box and mount that style rinser in it. Run the lines out the back, put you club/brewery logo on the front, and set it on the table.

A c-clamp and one of these should mount to most table tops.
1666385276563.png

Also, one can mostly fill a sealed keg and use the resulting compressed air to drive the rinser. That's what I do in my keezer. Just use a pressure gauge to know when to stop filling lest one test the keg prv ;)

[edit] Last thing: most of these rinser valves are only rated for 15-25 psi max, so include an inline regulator. I use one of these Watts P60 miniature pressure regulators...

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/p...es-miniature-plastic-water-pressure-regulator
Cheers!

As noted, c clamp style method works.

An other option is a serrated vertical post with the lower arm locking into place over the notches. Very similar to the way a lot of gym machines have floating seats and brackets.

If you don’t want the serrated method, then you need to be able to adjust two flat arms to no more than 1/4 inch increments. 1/8 is better. As long as they are at least as deep as the drain then they’ll lock onto the table top. They make kiddie booster seats that use same principle. Slide right onto table or bar top.

Yes, that's the plan. But again, that's not the part for which I'm looking for inspiration. I'm interested in how people have enclosed/mounted the rinsing mechanism to tables at various events.
This is my system.
I use it on the kitchen counter. The drip tray is in a wooden board and has a glass rinser.
The table is mounted on the square pipes that are seen in the last photo that, being cut diagonally, are not visible and raise the table approximately one inch. This height allows the hoses of the four faucets, the cup rinser and the tray drain to pass through.
It can be Cclamped on a counter or table.
Hope this can help you.

IMG-20191206-WA0029.jpg

I made one that mounts to a sanke keg coupler and have used it in the past on a 1/6bbl sanke keg. I can come back later and post a picture, not sure I have one on my phone at the moment.

Attaches directly to any sanke coupler, just add a hose barb fitting for the drain side.

It could easily be changed to a table mount by running a line from the liquid out of any keg (corny/sanke) to the rinser, and add a clamp of some kind.

Attachments

• Photo Nov 11 2022, 9 00 34 PM.jpg
    Photo Nov 11 2022, 9 00 34 PM.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Photo Nov 11 2022, 9 00 40 PM.jpg
    Photo Nov 11 2022, 9 00 40 PM.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Photo Nov 11 2022, 9 00 45 PM.jpg
    Photo Nov 11 2022, 9 00 45 PM.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Back