Popping the air lock off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy_84

Reaction score
I've never had this happen before I have stabilized and went to back sweeten my pomegranate dandelion wine. After back sweetening I put the plug and air lock back on about 30 minutes later I herd a POP went went in found the plug and airlock on the floor. I put it back in and it did it again about 30 minute later. So I went old school and put a balloon over top of my carboy. Checked it this morning no inflation in the balloon. Has Anyone else seen this before.

Was the bung wet? I sanitise every time I take the airlock off and it used to slide out before I started using duct tape to keep it secure. I have never heard a pop though.

It was dry... I think it's the right size it fits perfect in maybe I need to buy some new one. Been using same bug with the same fermentor for over two years now. I'm a little OCD with my wine equipment.

Latest posts

Back