Polyclar Brewbrite availability

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldave

Reaction score
Anyone know why Polyclar Brewbrite is not available from internet brew stores here in the U.S.? I've noted several folks using it that say it's something to get your hands on--most overseas. It's available in 90 and 100 gram increments from brew stores in Aus and UK. But not in any U.S. brew stores. How come? Even weirder, it looks like it's made by an American company. What's up with that? It looks like the stores all stock Polyclar 10--the kind that goes into the fermenter--so ther're not averse to Polyclar products. I see it's available in 22 lb bags on the American distributor's website. It doesn't degrade. It's hydrophilic, so it'll clump in moisture. But baking soda does that. And I can buy that in any quantity I want.

That'll be the Polyclar-10. Pure PVPP. Designed to go into the finished beer post fermentation to drop haze. I'm interested in Polyclar Brewbrite. PVPP+the active ingredient in irish moss. An engineered combo package, if you will. Designed to go into wort 10 min before boil end--just like irish moss. Supposed to really drop cold break out, nipping haze right out of the gate. Thanks for trying, though. I appreciate that.

I may just have to order some of this stuff from aussieland and have it sent here to the states. Rediculous. 'Buy American' can bite me.

Nope. Sure haven't. Still available from AU. Couple of spanish language sites. General Filtration, in CAN, lists it. But the link takes you to Ashland's site, the big distributor, where it's available in 55 lb quantity (yikes!). Probably an FDA thing. Much cheaper to market overseas without the half billion dollar investment in FDA (or UL) approval. Effectively, we are a tariffed market. I'm just guessing though. Sure would like to get this product locally.

Nope. Sure haven't. Still available from AU. Couple of spanish language sites. General Filtration, in CAN, lists it. But the link takes you to Ashland's site, the big distributor, where it's available in 55 lb quantity (yikes!). Probably an FDA thing. Much cheaper to market overseas without the half billion dollar investment in FDA (or UL) approval. Effectively, we are a tariffed market. I'm just guessing though. Sure would like to get this product locally.

Bummer. **** like this is so annoying.

Did you ever obtain any? If so, how did it work?

I haven't taken the plunge and ordered from AU yet. I generally just let time take care of any initial haze issues. Drops out after 4 weeks or so at 40 degF. But there are those times when I brew to serve an event and I procrastinate and have to serve with a little haze. That's the primary reason I'm interested in this product. So, no, I haven't tried it.

Latest posts

Back