Plug and play Peltier chiller/heater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyjhuebs

Naked Gnome Brew Co
Reaction score
For years I have gone back and forth on whether or not to create a peltier fermenter cooler/heater that is a plug and play for all of us DIY brewers. I think I have finally cracked the "reversing polarity" code and if it works, I will push to make pre-made control boards. If anyone is interested in talking more about how me and my counterpart can bring this to reality please reach out!

peltier chips have very limited thermal transfer capabilities in my experience. They have their place but not for a ferm chamber IMO.

Just get a fridge or freezer with an inkbird or some other controller.

You're not the first to try and go the Peltier route. There is a reason why you don't see many such products on offer currently.

I'm not talking a full on barrel sized fermenter but a 5-7 gallon fermenter that only fluctuates a few degrees without a controller. This won't be a device that you slap on and expect it to hold 68 degrees in a 90 degree garage.

Right, that level of performance corresponds to the best of the attempts documented in the forums.
You might want to check out this thread: compact peltier cooled carboy setup

Cheers!

I went though that page and I'll have some big differences in my system but I'm all in. If the brewjacket immersion thing is marketable, there must be a way to do things similarly.

Back