"Pleasure to meetcha," said the Virginian

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan_Tyson

Reaction score
Hey folks. Alan here, from the D.C. area in northern Virginia. Looking to start up my first batch with some friends of mine in, hopefully, two weeks or so, once we've all got some money together (read: stop spending it all on other people's beer).

Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the obsession neighbor. I unfortunately visit DC daily for employement, but the burbs of VA are a nice place to brew.

@LKABrewer: Perfect! My and my partners were thinking of heading down the Freddy sometime today, but other obligations on my end unfortunately nixed that. We'll definitely put the 15th of the calender, though.

@Sheldon: Yeah, I came here as an Iowan import, and I learned very quickly that D.C. was not really my kinda city. My car cries gasoline tears every time we have to go anywhere near the 495 corridor.

Nice to meet you, their plenty of us here from the MidAtlantic. What type of brew are you losing your virginity to? Extract? All-grain? What style?

Me and the guys are gonna start out with a pumpkin ale kit, but I'd eventually like to move up to a few recipes I've concocted, including a mint IPA and a fruit stout made with raspberries and cranberries. I like the wilder, experimental side of beer!

Alan_Tyson said:
Me and the guys are gonna start out with a pumpkin ale kit, but I'd eventually like to move up to a few recipes I've concocted, including a mint IPA and a fruit stout made with raspberries and cranberries. I like the wilder, experimental side of beer!

I like you :)
Experimentation is the best part imho

Also some people say that the combination of roasty malts and northwest hops in cascadian dark ales give a minty flavor, maybe you outta try a mint cda

Back