Please talk me off the ledge before my beer does.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
I just drank the last of my commercial brew (DFH60 and a Pumpkin ale)
I have 2 kegs of beer that I primed a week ago.
They both spent 2 weeks in the primary, IPA spent an extra week in the dry hop.
BOTH kegs have 2 more weeks to go for priming purposes.
I have 1 beer in the primary, ready to get kegged (for 3 weeks) in another week.
I have a batch that I just replaced the blow off tube with an airlock.
I have 2 more batches waiting to be brewed...

I feel so desparaged right now because I am surrounded by beer, BUT NONE OF ITS READY TO DRINK!

The temptation of prematurely tapping a keg to 'taste it' is haunting me...
Having a pipeline is nice - when its in PRODUCTION!
Grrrrrrg... Im gonna have to go to the store (again) tomorrow...
-Me

Have you ever noticed how a siphon tube is kinda like a nice big straw and a primary is like a realllly huge delicious looking pint? I'm just sayin'.

My only question is why in the hell are you priming kegs and not force carbing?

Just hook up some co2 and shake rattle and drink!

I was drinkin my SBJ Pale after 2 weeks from pitching the yeast. Screw waiting, it's f-ing delicious.

Yeah, that sounds like me! My IPA that I made on 9/2/09 is GONE. I took three gallons to the Michigan Brewday, and Bob polished off the final glass from the 2 gallons left on Saturday night. (OG 1.064, FG 1.008, and completely gone when it was 24 days old.)

So, I wouldn't recommend taking my advice. The little voice on my shoulder is yelling "tap it! tap it! tap it!"

Yeah, "new kegger syndrome" had a serious impact on my decision to get it up and running so quick. But it is an easy drinking pale - 1.053 --> 1.012 and only around 41 IBUs.

I guess this is still a part of my 'trial and error' phase. Ive force carbed in the past... Ive primed in the past... But my ive usually been disappointed with my beers initially and they ended up soooooooooooo amazing down the road. I guess I am experiencing this better beer phobia in advance. So while the wait sucks, Im going to...

DAMN YOU YOOP! THAT DAMN BEER IS GOING ON TAP CARBED OR NOT!!! (And I think the first pull just might be a warm one...)
Christ... What have I become?
-Me

Okay Yoop... You win. I just tapped the keg and took a small swill (undercarbed and warm swill) But it was TASTY!

Beautiful hop aroma, and very delicious for being so young! (I must say, by far the best of my beer pedophile tendencies) It may be the fact that Im buzzed already, but damn... That beer was deelish. I might just have to follow Edworts BCPA suggestion and rack/keg/serve that bizzle sooner than later!
-Me

Okay Yoop... You win. I just tapped the keg and took a small swill (undercarbed and warm swill) But it was TASTY!

Beautiful hop aroma, and very delicious for being so young! (I must say, by far the best of my beer pedophile tendencies) It may be the fact that Im buzzed already, but damn... That beer was deelish. I might just have to follow Edworts BCPA suggestion and rack/keg/serve that bizzle sooner than later!
-Me

I Guess Ill go ahead and let my other keg naturally carbonate as I initally planned. At least I have something on tap... Undercarbed - meh... Im might just have to force carb and drink a couple of cloudy glasses... :p

Joe,

I feel your pain. Not kegging yet, but have 8 cases 1 1/2 - 2 weeks in the bottle and 3 carboys 2 weeks in and I'm sitting here drinking a beer I'm too embarassed to mention...

You can never take a break or the pipeline collapses. That's what I keep telling the SWMBO!

Well, it appears that I might have to end up force carbing this batch after all. I tried it again today on tap and it had little to no carbonation as expected. I was surprised at the lack of bitterness for this beer. It wasnt quite as bitter as I had anticipated, but still quite good though!
-Me

i'm drinking an under carbed young Irish Red right now. It is still better than most of the stuff I get at the store. Damm got to get this timing thing down. One in the secondary but really need to something in the primary.

Back