Please help me choosing which course to take at Siebel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Augusto Sotero

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I am a very experienced homebrewer from Brazil and I am ready now to go pro in the brewing bussiness (currently engineer).

I am probably taking a course at Siebel Institute to beggin my career, but I am having trouble choosing which one.

There is this one called "International Diploma in Brewing Technology" https://www.siebelinstitute.com/edu...ational-diploma-in-brewing-technology-program

and the "Master Brewer" https://www.siebelinstitute.com/education/certificate-studies/master-brewer-program

First one is a 420h course with lots of theory and some practical knowledge as well, and the second is basically the first with + 280h of practical knowledge intensive and +10k dollars!

The thing is, I don't know anyone in Brazil who knows about these courses or have taken them, so I am really looking for some advice from people who have taken any of them and could confirm my impressions.

I personally think that it is not worth it to pay that extra money for more of this practical knowledge....

What do you guys think? Any Help? Or even any thoughts on a better place for me to find these answers?

Thanks!!

If your plan is to go to work for someone else, I'd think the first course is sufficient.

But if your plan is to create your own brewery, or partnership, I'd opt for the second course.

If your plan is to work in a brewery start with the first.

If your plan is to open a nano brewery then you dont need either to be honest. But do the first if you want.

If your plan is to open a bigger brewery and raise money from investors then it would help to do at least one course. In that case id do the first, then get a job in a brewery for a year and let that be your experience.

Back