please double check my wires please!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soundwav

Reaction score
Just want to make sure i am doing this correctly.
i know there is something missing thats why i am asking for help

Controller

Diagram

Fridge diagram

Thermostat

If i understand this correctly

Pin 1 on controller connect to green/yellow on thermostat
Pin 2 on controller connect to what??? green/yellow??
Pin 3 and 4 are for the probe
Pin 5 on controller connect to black on thermostat
Pin 6 on controller connect to white on thermostat

Please clarify

Thank you!!!

Unless you're doing something unusual 1 and 2 on the controller attach to 1 and 3 on the refrigerator. Your controller is basically a programmable thermostat with a remote sensor.

is the bottom picture from your fridge??? you are gonna have to use your Controller to interupt the the power circuit so what you wanna do is hook up the black from your fridge to Terminal #2 on your controller THen from your power cord take the power wire(guessing black if using some sort of extension cord) and put it under the #5 terminal on controller and install a jumper to #1 Terminal on the Controller. Next hook thew white wire from your fridge to the #6 Terminal along with the Neutral (white wire) from your power cord. Green and Yellow from the fridge is your Ground. hook that up to the green or bare copper whatever is there from your power cable with a marrette. Hopefully I didnt confuse you. Good luck!

yes the last picture is where the analog thermostat was. i just unplugged it and would like to replace it with the digital controller!

Fridge is going to double as a kegerator and a lager chamber

Mr Brewin has it correct, and here's a diagram to help visualize what he wrote...

rc-112e.jpg

Cheers!

oh that's from the original thermostat! okay so white to #1 on temperature Controller and Black to #3 on the controller. but you are gonna need to power the controller from somewhere.... and the sensor should be specific to the temperature controller, i highly doubt the fridge sensor is gonna work!

I have the sensor for the control unit.
So im going to have to pull power from somewhere eh...
Hmmmm
I can easily splice power to the unit as I have drilled a hole in the back to run the co2 hose

Just sub the fridge thermostat with the controller and run power to thee controller with a lamp cord....easy peasy

So, the wires from your thermostat, white goes to terminal 1, black to terminal 2. Done

Given you've already removed the oem thermostat, the easiest way to go is to short the black and white leads together, then use your controller to manage the line input.

Or put the thermostat back in, set it to it's coldest setting, and manage the fridge's line input - which is what most folks do.

Either way. Don't overcomplicate something dead simple...

Cheers!

That's what I did. Order a small project box from amazon. 20 bucks and add a receptacle in the box the controller switches and boom, mobile temp controller you can use with any freezer/fridge! Just follow day tripprs schematic!

Just sub the fridge thermostat with the controller and run power to thee controller with a lamp cord....easy peasy

So, the wires from your thermostat, white goes to terminal 1, black to terminal 2. Done

this is what im going to do..

if i take a min and look at it im sure i can find the power line at the back of the fridge and tie the controller into that no???

All done!
Thanks for all the help guys

Back