Please allow me to introduce myself ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eimar

Brasserie Montfort No NEIPA brewed here
Reaction score
I'm Jacques, a Belgian living in Canada. I started around 1990 because in Quebec there was only 3 beers available: Molson, Labatt and o'keefe and no imported beer. Homebrewing was kind of crude those days. Few ingredients, basic equipment, sparse information ( everyone was using Charlie's book ) , no internet. The words "liquid yeast " didn't even exist.
I feellike a dinosaur :)

Welcome. A dinosaur? Hardly. I started homebrewing in 1971 when Charlie Papazian was still attending keggers at UVA.

Greetings from sunny Pittsburgh, PA. I'm a rookie here—brewed my first batch on Saint Patrick's Day. What got me started was my interest in DIY culture and self-sufficiency. I enjoy drinking beer, so why not brew it? Long story short: I pieced together my gear from Craigslist and started straight all-grain. Now I have four batches under my belt. Hoping to learn a lot from the "dinosaurs."

Last edited:
"Long time listener, first time caller!"

Hello everyone! I'm an avid homebrewer having made the jump to all grain about 10 years ago. I recently helped a Monticello, Minnesota brewer open up his brewery using Investment Crowdfunding (called "MNvest" here) ! One of the perks I bought was having him brew one of my recipes AT SCALE!

I am looking for other brewers who are interested in using Investment Crowdfunding to either open or expand their brewing operations!

You should probably start your own thread in the spam or introductions section. Threadjacking is not cool.

I've been a member of this site since 2010 and I'm a legit homebrewer. I just happen to invest in breweries AND help breweries raise funds. Can't we all get a long??

I think what he meant was that you should start your own introduction with your intentions either on this introduction section of the forum or the market section instead of posting your introduction on someone else's thread.

Lol, this introduction thread is the most interesting one in a long time. Wins all around. Here, lemme introduce myself while we're at it. I joined on September 18th 2015 which was 13 days after my birthday...no reason for that, just a fact. I'm surprised it's been three years already! Well, almost three years! Even more crazy is that I just now ordered Palmer's book ... I know, right!?! It gets here tomorrow and should give me new insights and all. Cheers everyone!

I think what he meant was that you should start your own introduction with your intentions either on this introduction section of the forum or the market section instead of posting your introduction on someone else's thread.

LOL -- okay okay I THOUGHT the name of the whole section was called "Please allow me to introduce myself"

See THIS is a prime example of one of my personal beliefs:

"Always assume good intentions."

I'll move out ;-)

-dvd

Back