Please allow me to introduce myself ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lounge Lizard

Reaction score
Another Texan reporting for duty!

I'm waiting for my first batch to quit bubbling so I can get it bottled. After making a lot of wine many moons ago, I decided to try my hand at beer. The reviews over at Amazon indicated that the Coopers Micro Brewery Kit was a pretty good deal. It comes with everything to get you started. Even bottles. The bottles are plastic, but what the heck. They should be good enough if I don't want to keep it bottled for an extended period. The fermenter is pretty cool. Nice wide top with a spigot at the bottom.

I'm sure I will have lots of questions about advanced brewing methods. Hope you all don't get tired of answering them... lol

Joe

Hey! If we didn't like to answer questions, we wouldn't be here. We've got everyone from the "We don't need no stinking hydrometer" crowd to yeast cultists with walk-in lager rooms.

david_42 said:
Hey! If we didn't like to answer questions, we wouldn't be here. We've got everyone from the "We don't need no stinking hydrometer" crowd to yeast cultists with walk-in lager rooms.

lol... sounds like quite a group! I probably won't have as many questions as I had anticipated. I've been reading and searching here almost constantly. It's a good thing I became a Gold member, otherwise the owner of these forum would probably be coming after me wanting to charge me for all of the page views.... ;)

El Pistolero said:
Welcome to the forum Larry...what part of Baja Oklahoma are you from? :D

I think the only time I have been to Baja Oklahoma, was while watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.... ;)

DeRoux's Broux said:
welcome aboard Joe! always need another Texacan around! where abouts you from?

I'm living in the DFW area. My heart is really in New Orleans, though. I fell in love with the place one year after a vacation. Came within a hair of pulling up stakes and making a move prior to Katrina. I came to my senses and decided to not throw nine years with my employer down the drain. With all that has happened, it's a darn good thing too! lol

Can't wait for the place to get rebuilt.

I make a better roux than a broux, but I'm working on the latter.

Lassez les bon temps rouler! :)

DeRoux's Broux said:
hey, thatss's not a bad combo! i can do Texas BBQ and a pint of ESB!!!!!!!

BBQ is great, but don't forget the gumbo and crawfish. There must be enough outdoor fryer setups around here to have a big crawfish or shrimp boil!

Back