Playoff Hockey!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typical “We thought we had it in the bag” attitude. I hope Laviolette gets them fired back up for the third.

Wow! 2 goals in 18 seconds?

Rask gives them up all the time ...

Side note: bummed on the SJ game. They handed LV that OT win on a silver platter. How many stupid penalties do you need to give away?? LV is too good not to take advantage of that.

Ok almost time for the puck drop! I am ready for this slug fest to start! Hopefully the officiating will not be a factor this game and they call a clean game on both sides! Let's Go Lightning!

John

Ok almost time for the puck drop! I am ready for this slug fest to start! Hopefully the officiating will not be a factor this game and they call a clean game on both sides! Let's Go Lightning!

John

The officiating can’t get any worse, so you’ve got that going for you. I wanna see somebody drop Marchand.

The officiating can’t get any worse, so you’ve got that going for you. I wanna see somebody drop Marchand.

Me three! The Lightning just lit the lamp for a second time and we've got the seasons first thunder and lightning storm going on right now so I'll take that as a good omen :rock:

Good game tonight, Bolts got a nice win! I was hoping to get a least one while they were on the road. Gotta love that Johnson line really stepping up this post season. Callahan had a awesome game two and tonight as well! The team is really coming together. If Stammer and Kooch get their touch back look out everyone!

John

Officiating didn't lose the game for the Bruins tonight. The bolts defense was very strong, and the bolts outskated them by an impressive margin.

That wasn't the case in game 1. I don't know why there is this marked difference from one game to the next, but I'll take it (and hope for another while in beantown).

Bruins came out flat (again!) on home ice and never recovered from an awful first period.
They better snap out of it or it'll be tee time too soon...

Cheers!

After the average showing against Toronto, the past 2 games is more what I was expecting from the Bruins. I was completely caught off guard game 1 and thought maybe they were going to put something special together. I think the Bruins will steal one close game, but the Bolts win in 6.

Good to get some play off experience for the young guys.

Nobody? Nobody at all?

I’ll say it, what a game and GO PREDS!

My inner Avs fan cannot support you.

I figured with all that free time your inner Avs fan had you could do whatever you wanted...?

The only person with more free time than your inner Avs fan is my inner Redwings fan.

Not that much free time. Still getting my notes together so I can let the Wings and Canucks fans know how the playoffs feel! I kid, I kid. Honestly, Roslovic went to my alma mader and Stastny is a tried and true Av, so I am rooting for Winnipeg in that series (ducks head)

Almost game time. I do expect the Bruins to come out fierce tonight. They will be tough to beat in this important home game and may have figured out how to shut down the Lightning speed, by hitting them every chance they get and make them pay for touching the puck. I am hopeful though for the Lightning. Especially since they have the momentum and are starting to believe in their game! Now if Stammer and Kooch can find a way to start lighting some lamps, I think they will be unstoppable!

John

We might just have a playoff series happening here ;)
Bergeron give-and-go score was the berries. Nice play!

[edit] Love how the refs/linesmen all converged on Marchand on that stoppage in front of Vasilevskiy :D
[edit2] Chara looks baked, he's been caught slow-footed numerous times in this second period...

Cheers!

Last edited:
Brother got tickets to the VGK game tonight. He’s got a connection to the team’s management.

This ticket cost him a cool $100.

IMG_0871.jpg

Poor guy is gonna have his view obstructed by the glass.

Ask him if he just saw the video of the couple playing connect four on the Jumbotron.

It ain't looking good for the Bruins. They gave a heck of an effort in the latter two periods (and frankly got jobbed by a non-call on that tying goal) but it is what it is. Maybe they can hang in for another game but I don't see them pulling this series out.

At least we have the Celtics playing out of their collective minds...

Cheers! (and "How 'bout them Red Sox" ;))

Brother got tickets to the VGK game tonight...
...Poor guy is gonna have his view obstructed by the glass.

Well, not the outcome I hoped for, but at least your bro got to see a great game. Pulling Dell with 2:21 left was ballsy, but didn’t pay off. Hell of a 3rd period!

Well, not the outcome I hoped for, but at least your bro got to see a great game. Pulling Dell with 2:21 left was ballsy, but didn’t pay off. Hell of a 3rd period!

Knights decided to just play defense with 10 minutes to go... bad idea! They should have keep scoring goals. Definitely made it more interesting than I wanted to see.

I was shocked to see the sharks pull their goalie with so much time left. They explained after the game that’s the statistically better play, but I don’t think I agree in that scenario. Sharks offense was playing well enough they may well have tied with 5 men. Once Vegas made the half court shot it was over.

Now on to finishing it off tomorrow in San Jose.

Pens-Caps game was a good show even though I don't have a dog in that fight.
Kind of a surprise that the Caps pulled it out...

Cheers!

Sitting here getting ready for the big game which starts in a few. It's so hard to close out the series with a team like Boston, but the way the Lightning are playing it is certainly a possibility today! Go Bolts!

John

Sitting here getting ready for the big game which starts in a few. It's so hard to close out the series with a team like Boston, but the way the Lightning are playing it is certainly a possibility today! Go Bolts!

John

Would be nice if bolts could a) score on a power play, and b) stop goals on kill. That would help a lot!

Exactly ^ couldn't have said it better myself. Maybe you should narrate the "key points of the game" in order to win, like they do inbetween periods!

John

What a win! What a game! Up and back the whole time! Great series, can't believe they won again four games in a row against Boston!

John

Cheers to the Lightning, good luck moving on :mug:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Trippr, your a good sport! Yea I have never seen anyone lick another player before, that is a new one. It has no place in hockey.

John

Cheers to the Lightning, good luck moving on :mug:

Thanks Trippr, your a good sport! Yea I have never seen anyone lick another player before, that is a new one. It has no place in hockey.

John[/QUOTE]

Steve Ott started a trend....

B’s are a good young team that overachieved and I enjoyed tooting for all but one of them when my Avs got booted. Guess I need to pick a new horse. C’mon Vegas.

Back