Plastic beer kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithclark1966

Reaction score
Are there any plastic beer kegs available in North America? Something like the King Keg or Rotokeg?
Thanks.

Are there any plastic beer kegs available in North America? Something like the King Keg or Rotokeg?
Thanks.

I have seen them at a home-brew store before, so I know they exist. I am not sure where you can find them though. I'm sure you could search for it online.

I've actually not found any available here in Canada. Searching for both 'plastic kegs' and 'plastic pressure barrel'

Heretic Brewing in Fairfield, CA. Uses plastic sanke (5 gal I think) type kegs for exporting overseas. I guess it's cheaper than returning empty kegs for cleaning. They just toss/recycle the plastic ones when they're empty. They buy them by the pallet and I have no idea where they get them or what special equipment they might require to fill.

There are plastic sanke kegs out there.
But most places sooner or later figure out that they are inferior to their metal counterparts and get rid of them.

I saw these a while back. I'm close and don't consider shipping. I'm just not sure how sturdy these are. Also, whether the spear can be removed if necessary.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192064447028

My company packages wine in 19 liter PET sanke legs. Try searching on PET kegs.

Last edited:
Back