Places to buy in union county, NJ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AQBrew

Reaction score
Hey all,
Just moved to Scotch Plains, NJ and I was wondering if anyone knew of local HB stores to get ingredients from.

Thanks!

After a quick google search, i came up a place that would be a pretty good start....Cask and Kettle Homebrew - www.ckhomebrew.com It seems to have pretty decent reviews.

http://www.corradosmarket.com/ might be decent spot too...but they didn't get as good reviews as the other place. Im in central jersey (hamilton township) and i use Princeton Homebrew, but when i really want to spend a couple hours in a shop, i hit up Keystone Homebrew in PA. It's a bit of a drive but well worth it!!

Been to both. Corrado's has a ton of equipment stuff, but more geared towards winemaking. Cask and kettle, if I recall correctly, has a better selection of ingredients for homebrew. Plenty of equipment as well.

Both good places. But, I've not seen anything else to compare it to - so take it with a grain of salt...

Check out love2brew in north Brunswick.
I stopped by the store a couple days ago to begin my wine making hobby. The guys were so informative, answered all of my questions and had everything I needed. They were awesome, didn't try to sell me on things I didn't need, and actually told me I probably have too much yeast. I took it anyway, as their prices were better than any I had seen online (including Amazon.com). I highly recommend this place. As I said, I am just getting started and they spent about an hour going over the whole process with me. Priceless.
If you are just getting started or are a seasoned pro, I think you will like this place. They also have an online store (that is how I found them), but can't give a review about online purchasing as I went directly to the store.

Back