PilsnerPete from the Bay Area (CA)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PilsnerPete

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Been browsing the forum for a couple months but have put off introducing myself. So here I go...

I'm originally from San Diego, CA but moved up to San Jose, CA for college and have since stuck around after graduation. Started researching home-brew to combat the depression of leaving college and entering the real world. Purchased by first kit about a month ago and have since brewed twice.

I've had an extract American Amber Ale in my primary for about two weeks and I'm looking to bottle this weekend. Felt pretty good about it as I hit my OG and came home to a healthy krausen and airlock activity the next day.

Brewed an American Pale Ale this weekend and I'm a little worried about this one. I didn't use a starter and simply pitched one vial of WLP001 (White Labs Cal Ale) on top of a decently big beer (1.064 OG). Haven't seen any airlock activity yet, although I did see what looked like a krausen residue when I woke up with morning, although it seems to have died back down (hard to tell when using an Ale Pail).

Anyway, theres my story so far. Looking forward to learning from everyone and eventually sharing my own knowledge. Prost. :mug:

Back