Pilsner Urquell Bday event

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmidtosu

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A local craft beer bar is holding a special birthday event tonight for the 171st birthday of Pilsner Urquell...because of their status as one of the top 25 craft beer bars in the us according to Draft Magazine, they received a special unfiltered, unpasteurized keg of Pilsner Urquell that they are tapping at 7pm tonight...should I risk blowing my kitchen pass from SWMBO tonight or save it for my craft beer club tomorrow night? There is a small chance I could get both nights out if my girls are good tonight...is this event and a chance to try this beer worth it?

I'm not sure what a kitchen pass is, but I would go get some Pilsner Urquell.. I've had the unfiltered Urquell at the brewery itself and it's pretty amazing. Don't pass up the chance...

Yeah, go for the Urquell. I've only ever had the pasturized, bottled, shipped overseas stuff and it's top notch - I'm drooling over your chance to get some unpasteurized (hopefully fresher) stuff.

A kitchen pass is just a night out away from the house...it comes from SWMBO and can be a rare event...but my wonderful wife basically sent me with a pocket full of cash and a "don't be home for a while"...it was very good...pilsners aren't my favorite, but I would change my mind on that with a supply of that stuff I had tonight...got a free glass mug out of it as well, so all in all a successful night out.

Ok, so quick update on this. My wife works at a store, and spoke with a rep from the distributor that handled this keg. It left the Czech Republic 3 days ago, was flown straight in to New Jersey where it was stored in the back of a specially purposed, temperature controlled truck. It was then driven to the distributor in Youngstown, who then transfered it to another temperature controlled truck and drove it straight to the bar. 3 days from brewery to belly...all good beer should travel in such style.

Latest posts

Back