PID Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hogcrewer

Reaction score
Throw up a few ideas to everyone out there. I am in the process of installing a PID to control my pump(possible electric stirrer motor). To have it cycle on and off at the temps that I select. I have also installed a motorized stirrer on my mash tun lid. Will the the Love controller be able to handle the start up load of both of them at the same time? or Should I just manually turn the stirrer on and off and let the PID and pump do there own task.

Throw up a few ideas to everyone out there. I am in the process of installing a PID to control my pump(possible electric stirrer motor). To have it cycle on and off at the temps that I select. I have also installed a motorized stirrer on my mash tun lid. Will the the Love controller be able to handle the start up load of both of them at the same time? or Should I just manually turn the stirrer on and off and let the PID and pump do there own task.

A PID is not a good choice to control your stirrer. You will need to manually turn the stirrer on and off. I assume you are controlling the pump on a HERMS setup. Make sure the temperature sensor (RTD or Thermocouple) is at the output of the HERMS coil.

Back