Pid help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pathasse

Reaction score
I have an Auber SWA-2451 heating my HLT with an SSR and 5500w element. I am having issues with the settings of the PID. Its heating my water very slowly. My SYL-2352 for my boil Kettle heats at a decent pace. How can I make my SWA-2451 heat faster? Please help

What % power is it outputting? Did you run the auto tune routine yet? What are your P I and D values currently?

i dont know what % its outputting? How do I figure that out. Im very new to this. I guessed at our P I and D P=0 I=200 D=100. We are trying to get our HLT to 168F it took so long we quit and started this post.

i dont know what % its outputting? How do I figure that out. Im very new to this. I guessed at our P I and D P=0 I=200 D=100. We are trying to get our HLT to 168F it took so long we quit and started this post.

The reason it's definitely NOT working is because your P=0.

I'm going to suggest you read the manual on Auber's website. It explains how to see the % power, and how to run the auto tune. You should see your % power output be about 100% until you're within a few degrees, then it should start dialing back and it'll probably occasionally throw a few percent power every few seconds to keep it at temp.

My experience was the auto-tune got fairly close and I tweaked it a little to lower the overshoot, but was in the ball park on the first try.

I had auto tune set on, but I turned it off to see if it would heat faster. I played with the settings of P I & D quite a bit. I am having trouble understanding the manual. Could you give me a suggestion on what those values should be? I have tried to hold the < button several times to get into manual mode, but it doesn't go.

I had auto tune set on, but I turned it off to see if it would heat faster. I played with the settings of P I & D quite a bit. I am having trouble understanding the manual. Could you give me a suggestion on what those values should be? I have tried to hold the < button several times to get into manual mode, but it doesn't go.

Follow the directions and re-run the auto-tune and let it finish. Don't stop it because you're impatient. I spent 2 weeks of evenings tuning my 3 controllers, and 2 brew days improving the RIMS controller.

I really can't even put you in the ballpark with PID gains. Its very dependent on the actual system you have. That's why they are adjustable.

Re-read the manual and do side research (google is your friend) until you understand it. It's not a plug'n'play type thing. You're messing with serious equipment here. Understand it.

I understand your concerns. My SYL did not take 6 hours to go from 120F to 135F degrees. There is definitely a setting that I am not seeing. I have read the manual several times. My PID wont let me get into manual mode to adjust my output %. Is there some prerequisite to enable manual mode? When I hold the left arrow button for 3 seconds it is not going into manual mode. It does nothing.

I understand your concerns. My SYL did not take 6 hours to go from 120F to 135F degrees. There is definitely a setting that I am not seeing. I have read the manual several times. My PID wont let me get into manual mode to adjust my output %. Is there some prerequisite to enable manual mode? When I hold the left arrow button for 3 seconds it is not going into manual mode. It does nothing.

Sounds like some other debugging is in order. Have you verified your SSR can deliver power to the element? Have you verified your temp feedback device is accurate?

Trying to communicate with Tech support now through Email. So far what I learned is what's in the manual. The P value cannot be zero if you want to enter manual mode. My P value started off at 2 and I could not enter manual mode then. Changed it to 0 and obviously I could not enter manual mode still. Now its set to 5 and still not luck. The tech support seems stumped. Any other ideas? Please don't suggest using Google again. I'm not retarded.

I would've thought you were in on/off mode but you said you already changed your P value to something other than zero.

What is your LOCK parameter set to?

Latest posts

Back