PID Controller Option?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ineedit

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Theoretically a 40A SSR should be sufficient for your element (5500W), on 220VAC. (Watts = Volts x Amps; 40x220 = 8800 Watts).

However, I noticed on the amazon link you posted, the reviewer had trouble with the SSR after just a few months. Might want to look for a better quality unit.

The failed SSR is certainly a concern but most of the ones I've seen being used appear pretty similar.

I just wasn't sure if there was anything obvious I was missing in regards to the PID. From the description it appears it would work but was hoping maybe someone could give me some hands on knowledge.

Thanks...

Several people have reported good results with the Mypin/Agptek TD4, which does have a manual mode unlike the TA4. Also the documentation is not bad.

Ended up going with the Mypin. Took a little time to decrypt the directions but it worked great

Back