PID controller interface

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwrcst

Reaction score
Hi all,
quick question for ya. can you connect your PID controller,(MYPIN TA6) to your computer to monitor temps? I'm using this for another project but you all seem to be experts with these controllers. I assume I deed a data acquisition device for the interface but not sure if it's possible to do this? I need something to monitor 2 temp probes and I want to chart it in a grafting program in a live feed.

any assistance is appreciated.

Hi all,
quick question for ya. can you connect your PID controller,(MYPIN TA6) to your computer to monitor temps? I'm using this for another project but you all seem to be experts with these controllers. I assume I deed a data acquisition device for the interface but not sure if it's possible to do this? I need something to monitor 2 temp probes and I want to chart it in a grafting program in a live feed.

any assistance is appreciated.
I would suggest you purchase a Dwyer Love PID. They are reasonable and provide for data I/O

Might want to look at a Raspberry Pi (credit card sized computer) running Fermentrack using DS18B20 one wire temp probes. You can add as many temp probes as you want (withing reason), and they are cheap.

Brew on :mug:

In a word: No. Many PID controllers come with interfaces (RS232, MODBUS...) which allows a computer to read and control them but a quick check in the manual for this model does not indicate any connection for such an interface.

Back