Picnic Tap Leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JYBC

Reaction score
Anyone have a tap that wont shut off? No issue on beer, but recently filled a soda keg with rootbeer for the wife and kid and after dispensing, it continues to have a small spray. Have to twist it to get it to stop and then will continue with a small drip.

Just had this same issue with my oatmeal cream stout. From taking it apart, I think it got gummed up with the sweeter beer and the rubber nipple inside got unseated slightly from the spring never allowing it to fully seal.

Thanks for the reply, This is a new tap and line that I gonna use just for Soda.. Guess I should have taken it apart and inspected and cleaned it before its first use (did run sanitizer through for those pondering that last statement).

I have a Pecan stout that I'm gonna be racking into the kegs tomorrow night. What pressure did you carb and serve your oatmeal stout at?

Latest posts

Back