Picabrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody s

Reaction score
I am finding a hard time to have a brew day lately due to time constraints. I have noticed the picabrew and wondering if that might be for me. I have been brewing for 25 years.
I would like to know if it really takes 2 hours and if I can use my own grains, hops, yeast ect. I'm not looking for taste comparable to my usual beers but something better than store bought.
Any comments would be appreciated.

Cody

Short story, but the Pico brew is what got me into home brewing. I've never owned one, but saw one at Bed, Bath and Beyond for the first time and wife was going to get it for me if I wanted to start brewing. Ended up going with a home brew setup instead of the Pico Brew.

I did some research and it looks like you can make your own recipe, but you'd order it through their website so it comes as the package. If I remember correctly, they also were limited on ingredients.

it kinda depends which Pico until you're looking at. 2 hours for whole process isn't gonna happen...it's more like 5. But it does require less than 2 hours of active participation. With your experience I think you'd want the Pico Z.

Back