Phoenix Valley Newbie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanoaz

Reaction score
I'm semi-new to beer brewing (did a little 40 years ago) and starting over with learning all the new methods/equipment. I'm retired from middle-management in high-tech and have had MANY hobbies. I'm presently into RC airplane flying....I say flying because I'm not the best builder. Flying doesn't take up my retirement time, so I am looking into doing some brewing again. I would appreciate any advice I can get to learn brewing and it's ins and outs. I don't think I will do any more than small batches, but a person should never say never. Are there some more Arizona brewers out there? :D

Deano

Welcome, and if you haven't been told already, the on-line How To Brew is a great resource. This is the older edition, and the newer edition in book form might be better - I haven't read it.

I will be starting with a 5 gallon batch. I put in one question about carboy and fermenter bucket sizes, as I have a bar fridge I might use (but maybe not) and need to see if it is big enough. I also am looking to understand controllers I could use for a fridge, as its normal ranges are probably too cold. Looking forward to learning all I can about brewing. I have also picked up the latest edition of How to Brew and am reading it.

Welcome to the forum, from Minnesota!

If you are thinking small batches, check out the 1 gallon brewing discussions. From there, you can go any number of directions. Jump in and ask questions here. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people in HBT.

The more I read, the more I think I might bypass the 5 gallon and take up the 1 gallon to start with. Thanks for the recommendation.:)

Back