Philly area Homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off-topic, but I am downgrading my aquarium setup and need to get rid of some African cichlids if anyone interested. Free fish, but if you want a tank setup I might be willing to sell/trade for brewing equipment. PM me if your interested

Off-topic, but I am downgrading my aquarium setup and need to get rid of some African cichlids if anyone interested. Free fish, but if you want a tank setup I might be willing to sell/trade for brewing equipment. PM me if your interested

PMed.... I have almost as big a fish tank addiction as I do a brewing addiction. Lets be friends...

Gitmoe said:
PMed.... I have almost as big a fish tank addiction as I do a brewing addiction. Lets be friends...

That addiction is waning for me unfortunately. I have less free time for hobbies these days and brewing is winning the battle

I live in the apartments at Ridge and Joshua.

Ha! My wife and I looked at those places back when we were renting. We ended up renting a house on Crescent Ave, whose backyard butted up to the parking lot of the General itself!

Ha! My wife and I looked at those places back when we were renting. We ended up renting a house on Crescent Ave, whose backyard butted up to the parking lot of the General itself!

That's awesome. We love living in this area, Barren Hill and the renovated Brittingham's are going to be a great addition.

We would love to buy a house in Lafayette Hill but I work in NJ so we may be moving next summer.

It's National Learn to Homebrew Day! Stop by Keystone. We have stuff you want...

Wish I was brewing today. At some point I'll probably explain brewing to somebody looking to start the hobby today, but that's not nearly as fun as teaching people hands on...

Gitmoe said:
It's National Learn to Homebrew Day! Stop by Keystone. We have stuff you want... Wish I was brewing today. At some point I'll probably explain brewing to somebody looking to start the hobby today, but that's not nearly as fun as teaching people hands on...

My brother "helped" me brew once before, but today he and his fiancé helped me for real today and I taught them. It was fun. I was in your shop yesterday.

Bruclear homebrew did demos outside the Sly Fox tasting room in Pottstown. Had a ton of people stop by, get info, talk and sample some homebrew. A great day all around. :mug:

I'm looking for a good keg to use as a keggle in the Philly area. Hoping to buy from a member but if any one has a good suggestion on a seller that would be good too. I'm also in the market for a kegerator or keezer if anyone is upgrading.

Thanks,

Travis

Fyi, homedepot has copper on clearance. Picked up 60 ft of 1/2 id type l today for 35, normally 157. Time to upgrade my herms coil to be completely 1/2 id

Hmmm...I wonder if Lowes will price-match, since I have a $10 off $50 there with American Express. I'd love to add another coil to my wort chiller.

Edit: What store was that in?

Hmmm...I wonder if Lowes will price-match, since I have a $10 off $50 there with American Express. I'd love to add another coil to my wort chiller.

A tip for anybody shopping for supplies from Home Depot and Lowes...its not advertised, but year round if you can present a military ID, you get 10% off. I know this is true for Lowes, not sure about Home Depot.

Edit: What store was that in and did it include copper coil?

Lowes will also price match if you can prove their pricing

Anybody else see this list?
http://www.phillymag.com/foobooz/foobooz-50-best-bars-philadelphia/#.UnzpZOAo4dU

Its like it was written for hipsters by hipsters. There are so many great bars that this seems completely arbitrary

The list is very good, I'm not sure what makes it a hipster list though. Its pretty much a whos who of all the most popular bars in the city. The specific # rankings could be disputed of course, I mean I love Johnny Brenda's and live about 2 blocks away but dont know if I would say its #1.

Im pretty far from a hipster, I would probably be called a yuppie in Fishtown but probably be called a hipster in the burbs. But these places are not even hipster joints, a place like El Bar or Kung Fu Necktie are hipster joints.

Ive been to 29 of the 50, I'm not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

I live in Fishtown and am proud to say there are 8 bars on this list, most of any neighborhood.

**The only WTF? on this list is Locust Rendezvous, its a dive bar that isnt even any good.

Sorry, not going too far back, but whomever suggested Madonna's in G-side for CO2 refills, you rock!! I got a 15 lb and 2 5 lber's filled for 30 bucks. I had been going to Posen, because I didn't know any better. He wants 20 for a 5 lb'er, and cash only!

Again, many thanks!

Sorry, not going too far back, but whomever suggested Madonna's in G-side for CO2 refills, you rock!! I got a 15 lb and 2 5 lber's filled for 30 bucks. I had been going to Posen, because I didn't know any better. He wants 20 for a 5 lb'er, and cash only!

Again, many thanks!

Cool.

Again, many thanks!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... lol

Back