pH meter recommendations, please?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ended a giveaway, Inkbird's new product - a 4 in 1 pH meter. There's a coupon for an Amazon purchase at a 20% discount and while it isn't a high-end unit like the ones discussed here it works beautifully.

So, for those of you who know and own one or both of these two, which pH meter would you recommend and why over the other?
  • Apera Instruments PH60
  • Milwaukee Instruments MW102

So, for those of you who know and own one or both of these two, which pH meter would you recommend and why over the other?
  • Apera Instruments PH60
  • Milwaukee Instruments MW102

I have the Apera PH40 and have been happy with it. I think the only difference with the PH40 and the PH60 is the PH60 is back lit. I had a Beverage Doctor before that which is similar, maybe identical, but what I liked about the Apera was battery replacement (AA vs 4 button cells for the Beverage Doctor). Another is price. I think the Apera is much cheaper than the Milwaukee.

I'll third the Apera pH60. It has the best display, the cheapest replacement sensor, the easiest storage regimen of any of my meters (including a Hanna 98128 and Hach PP+), and is at least as fast as any of them on their best day with fresh sensors.

Cheers!

Nothing has changed in my opinion...

Cheers!

As already noted by couchsending, price and availability of the probes should be a factor in the final decision as you will need to replace them on a regular basis. If your model uses a common BNC connection, then generic ones are easily available from both domestic and international online resellers.

Back