ph Meter Recommendations and Testing Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramgeva

Reaction score
Hi All
I read a lot of threads here that it is better to have a Tester than the stripes so I set my mind on purchasing one, of course I have a budget limitation of less than 50$ do you have any recommendations? (It should have an option of replaceable probe unless it is really really chip and just replace it, calibration not important could be manual, also ATC not important - of course if all can be under this price tag it will be great).
I saw on eBay this really really chip ones:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PH-009-Mini...t=US_LED_Light_Key_Chains&hash=item43bf6da8b0
probably from chine, is it worth the money are they accurate? (even if needed replacement more frequently).

Also I have a few questions regarding the testing, I read that you need to test after 10-15 minutes after the Grain are mixed with the Strike water, I want to use Acid Malt for correction, isn't it too late to add them after 15 minutes of Mash? doesn't in this time if ph was wrong the damage already been done?

Can i make a very small sample of my beer (for example 0.5 litter), and test the ph of that than i will know how to compensate in advance (of course if needed)?
Thanks for all the Help

Latest posts

Back