Pet peeves.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
honestly, I would say arrogance. I'm pretty good at picking up on what people are really saying by their facial expressions, mannerisms, and tones. I'm probably too critical of people, but I absolutely hate how arrogant people can be.

My biggest of all time is *****ebags who throw their cigarette butts out the car window. Really you lazy, f*cks? There's an ashtray right in front of you.:mad:

People who follow the elections news and torture the rest of us with recapping it.

Using "of" instead of "have"

"Could of" and "would of" don't even make sense. It just sounds like the contraction where "have" is foreshortened, and IMHO, people who type that are just lazy, if not downright ignorant. It needs to stop, I say, before this weird obsession with making things that are wrong "acceptable", if not correct, makes it acceptable.

I will not stand for it. Epic suicide is approaching.

:D

When people drive their cars too fast in parking lots.

People who say "I could care less" Not "I couldn't care less"

People who think their car's day time running lights are good enough to drive at night

People who don't understand slower traffic keep right

People who wait until they get to drive thru menu to even consider what they want. It's Mc Donald's! do you NOT know what they have?

People who litter.

People who drive right next to the car next to them on highway, same speed. Forever.

People who..

People who ....well...just people.

Melodrama.

Restaurants that don't serve beer.

People who misuse simple words like to/too/two or there/their/they're.

People who think everyone should know or care what the Kardashians (or whoever is the latest junk culture flavor of the week) are doing at all times.

People who say "we" when talking about sports teams.

I want to change mine. What my biggest pet peeve is is internet forum moderators. Mini Vladimir Putins, if you ask me...;)

People who use "then" when "than" is correct. I hear people saying things like "I need it more then you."
People who speak in tag questions (making every sentence sound like a question by raising their tone at the end)
People who, randomly throw, commas into their, sentences.

I don't know why, (probably because it's incorrect) but it drives me batty when people do this:

I have (2) ball-lock cornies for sale ...
or
I will be in Milwaukee for (3) days next week.

WTAF.

Degenerate cashiers at supermarkets who ask you what you're making for dinner or comment about anything in your basket.

I see you have a box of kosher salt, are you making ice cream? STFU!!!

if this was only the case

imageuploadedbyoutdoor-forums1446401956-813708-jpg.45256

Here's another:

You hyphenate x-year-old when using the three-word phrase to express one single thing:

I have a three-year-old at home.

What do you expect? She's a thirteen-year-old.

You do not hyphenate in circumstances like this:
That car is six-years-old.

Or

I can't believe my little boy is 21-years-old today.

People who don't bother stopping for stop signs. Those rules aren't for them, they're special. Inevitably, it's the same person who (leading into my next pet peeve) park in the fire lane in front of the supermarket instead of the parking lot which was made, not surprisingly, just for people to park their cars in. Even more peevish, people who drop off someone at the front of the supermarket and then sit there waiting for them to come back, instead of getting the hell out of the way and then just driving back down to pick their partner up when they come out.

People who insist on listening to the music in their cars as loud as it can go at 3-7AM while driving through the small neighbourhood I live in.

Yeah... just people...

:D

People constantly telling me I need help with my alcoholism. Just let me drink my case of IIPA every afternoon :mug:

No, in all seriousness-

People who chew with their mouths open. It's like listening to an animal eat. Happens ALL the time.

People who use ****ty names, like "Big Jiggling Breasts". They know what they are doing and still flaunt their chauvinism & ignorance.

People who use homophonous letters and numbers in place of words to make ****ty names, like "phat2some". They know what they are doing and still flaunt their pompous narcissism.

When the weef doesn't tighten the lid on a jar of mayonnaise. when i go to use it,
right on the granite counter ... has been an ongoing problem for 38 years ... :mug:

Latest posts

Back