Perlick 630SS Info

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disney7

Reaction score
I just got a new Perlick 630SS faucet in the mail.

Aside from the things the advertising states, I immediately noticed that the inner diameter of the spout is smaller.

So the growler fillers for the 525s won't work.

Also, the bonnet parts are quite different. Looks like they eliminated the lower o-ring in the bonnet assembly.

I'll take it back apart and post some pics shortly.

Ok, the handle jacket has a stop now, so you can't screw it down against the bonnet.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392851627.253626.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392851638.337333.jpg

Overall, the machine work looks much better than the 525SS's that I bought a couple of years ago. Everything is polished inside and out and there are no rough spots.

FWIW, I haven't had any problems out of the 525s that weren't caused by lack of maintenance. The o-rings are wear items and will need to be replaced at some point. I had a leak on one of mine at the bonnet and a new set of o-rings and some keg lube made them right. I went ahead and rebuilt all three. I know others have had different stories with forward seal problems. I bought these 630's for a new project since the timing was right and they were on sale.

If anyone wants different pics or measurements, let me know. I'll measure the spout diameter.

The spout is 10mm.

On closer inspection the forward seal o-ring has flats on both sides. I don't want to take it out because it looks like a tighter fit than the 525s and I don't want to risk damaging it.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392853165.142955.jpg

Back