Perlick 525 faucet lock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guelerct

Reaction score
As anyone had any luck with the Perlick tap handle locks? I have seen very mixed reviews and they are pretty pricey...
Any clever DIY ways to secure the taps from curious little fingers?

As anyone had any luck with the Perlick tap handle locks? I have seen very mixed reviews and they are pretty pricey...
Any clever DIY ways to secure the taps from curious little fingers?
I actually had to purchase two of the Perlick tap locks myself (two teenagers in the house) and while they are quite pricey they work great.

Keep in mind you can only remove the key every half rotation, and you have to tighten the lock up quite a bit in order for the handle to not be able to move. Sometimes I think I may end up breaking the key turning it that extra half rotation in order for it to be tight enough to properly lock the tap.

But so far so good, and no more worries about :drunk: teenagers!

- Houdini

Not sure how secure you need it to be. The locks I saw online were pretty expensive. I just needed something to keep the dog and cat from accidentally pulling my faucet open, so I used one of those elastic "cause" bracelets. My toddler grandson is surprisingly obedient and hasn't tried it yet.

image-196199720.jpg

Depending on your kegerator/fridge/keezer/whatever - it might be pretty easy to install a lock on the "erator" and just pull the beer lines...you can get little easy to install locks at any locksmith. Just wild speculation here, but it would work I'd think.

Back