Pennsylvania brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsyoung

Reaction score
My mom is heading up to the Amish county next week and said she would look for some beer for me. Anyone have some good suggestions that would be easy for her to get that is not available here in SC? Thanks

Stoudts, victory, sly fox, troegs, lancaster brewing company etc.
more specifically some of my favorites would be stoudts pale ale, victory hop wallop, sly fox route 113 ipa, and troegs perpetual ipa, however I'm a hop head so my opinions may not reflect your tastes.

Thanks guys. I'll just give her a list and see what she can find.

glick said:
I like Yards IPA. There's also PA's most famous lager.... ;)

If you're referring to yuenglings I told her to pick up 6 cases..haha

Defintely have her grab a Yard's variety case and make sure it has Brawler in it. Not the historical sampler, the regular variety case...

Lancaster Brewing Milk Stout is awesome.

I'm assuming you're talking about the Lancaster area when you say Amish country but you might also want to check on some beers from other parts of of PA. Up in North-central/Northwest PA you've got Straubs (a local mini-macro brand that's very drinkable), Southern Tier (technically NY but only a stone's throw over the line), Lavery Brewing and Erie Brewing Company (both in Erie). There's others as well but that's a cross-section.

jcoxen said:
I'm assuming you're talking about the Lancaster area when you say Amish country but you might also want to check on some beers from other parts of of PA. Up in North-central/Northwest PA you've got Straubs (a local mini-macro brand that's very drinkable), Southern Tier (technically NY but only a stone's throw over the line), Lavery Brewing and Erie Brewing Company (both in Erie). There's others as well but that's a cross-section.

Yes she will be in Lancaster but unfortunately I am limited by where she will be bc she's going with a tour group and unable to travel around.

Defintely have her grab a Yard's variety case and make sure it has Brawler in it. Not the historical sampler, the regular variety case...

Dug this thread and quote up just to give props to Yards (Philly). Never had it before this year. Picked up their variety case and am loving that they have a dark English mild (Brawler). Also the ESB and Pale Ale were tasty. Have yet to try the IPA but sounds like I'm going to enjoy that as well. Maybe its because I'm on a British beer kick and preparing to brew a dark mild of my own but this is quality brew.:rockin:

Back