Pearland Texas Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but your responses don't match the prices shown online and they appear to target the few items that may be slightly more than the places you are referencing. As far as I can tell almost all of the ingredients are cheaper than the store you were quoting and the equipment is nearly half the price on the few items I compared. You used internet pricing to compare the perlick faucet but from what I remember they are significantly cheaper than anywhere else in Houston. You fail to mention that buying a CO2 tank at the store would be $70 less or that the kits are around $50 - $150 less than anywhere in Houston. How is it that you overlooked all of the other lower priced ingredients and the fact that all of the equipment is so much less than everyone else? Very suspicious when coupled with your used equipment listings on the web.

WhiteToad,

I'm in full agreement with you. Keg Cowboy is a great place to buy kegging and brewing equipment. Just make sure they clean your kegs first! They are a ton cheaper than Defalco's. Defalco's has horrible pricing for brewing and kegging equipment. Keg Cowboy has very good pricing on CO2 tanks as well. The 10 lb tank is a great deal. If I ever get rid of my 10 lb steel tank, I'll gladly buy it from Keg Cowboy. If I ever need brewing equipment other than faucets, Keg Cowboy will be the first place I look. I am not currently in need of any of these items which is why I did not mention them. I'm to the point of only buying ingredients now, barley and hops. Since my base malt is always 2 row and I use loose leaf hops, my main point of focus is only on these two ingredients.

If you use pellet hops, then I'd go to Keg Cowboy if you live in Houston area. They're about $.50 cheaper an ounce compared with Defalco's. They're about $.50 more expensive per ounce than BIY. If you're an extract brewer, go to keg cowboy. They're $.50 a lb cheaper than Defalco's on this as well. They're $.10 more expensive than BIY. Just all depends on where you live, who you want to support, and which store has what you need.

Turns out after this thread discussion, they've decided to drop their price of 2 Row to $1.15. So now i'll be glad to say that I've "done my research" and "Keg Cowboy is now a little bit cheaper ($.10) than Defalcos". I don't suspect it's an offensive statement anymore now that it's the other way around.

Seems like some people got offended and made some unnecessary comments and assumptions.

I don't think you or several others understand the point of my posting. I was not trying to cause some major dispute on which brewstore is better. I was giving a summary and overview of what I've experienced in each place. Several people were discussing brewstores so I threw in a comment as well.

I've made many recommendations to fellow houston brewers to pay a visit to keg cowboy and I visit there myself. Which is why I was especially surprised to see Keg Cowboy make those specific kinds of rude comments to one of their patrons.

I think you'd make a good conspiracy theorist but believe it or not, I don't have my own brewstore and don't ever plan to start one.
I have one full time job and that's enough for me.

Back