Pear Mead from juice/pulp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geosomin

Reaction score
I've made fruit mead before with good luck and have wanted to again. After collecting honey for a while from a friend who keeps bees I now have enough for a batch of mead - at least 3 gallons hopefully - 5 ideally. A friend gave me 15 Lbs of pears a few weeks ago and I didn't have time to start anything then before the spoiled so I washed, cored and juiced them and froze the pulp and juice to make something with later.
Later is now :)
Anyone have a good recipe for pear mead or suggestions and tips for me that I could use for a mead recipe with fruit juice? Most of the recipes I've found involve using the fruit itself, which I would have done had time permitted.

Id suggest you look for pyment or cyser recipes. (grape juice or apple juice) and see if you can get it to fit. with 15lb I'm guessing you have about 1 gallon of juice.

If it were me, I'd make a sweet mead subbing 1 gallon of juice for 1 gallon of water and just go from there with a standard mead recipe (about 3lb honey per gallon, nutrient etc).

Back