Peaches!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markus6767

Reaction score
Hey out there in home brew land!!!! Can anyone come up with an all- grain recipe for a peach infused wheat?!? Been all over the web can't find anything... Please assist if you can.. Thanks. Markus6767

I don't have access to my Beersmith files right now but I have a basic American wheat that I use for fruit with 50/50 white wheat malt and 2-row, OG around 1.054, bittering to about 20 IBU's (I've used hallertau and perle before). For peach I've done this with 5-6 lb of Oregon fruit puree per 5 gallons in the secondary. Had a nice but not overpowering peach flavor. The only downside to the purees is they are pricey. I wasn't a big fan of the homebrews I've had that used fruit extracts so I tend to go with real juice or fruit.
:mug:

I have a new peach tree with peaches all over it, so I plan to make a sour mash similar to a Berliner and add peach puree to the secondary.

Cut peaches and freeze. Take one cup of beer from primary put in pan and heat. Add peaches and heat to just under boiling. Cool and rack onto fruit when you are about 2 points from terminal. Enjoy

Mine was similar to chikypads. I hopped with citra and racked onto 2.5# of frozen peaches for a 3 gal batch. Nice light beer with some peach and citrus flavor. Next I will add 3-3.5# if peaches.

Mine was similar to chikypads. I hopped with citra and racked onto 2.5# of frozen peaches for a 3 gal batch. Nice light beer with some peach and citrus flavor. Next I will add 3-3.5# if peaches.

How long did you leave it on the peaches?

I heated the peaches up to about 170... Then I chilled to room temp.67 or so..... Then I racked on top for 14 days..... It'll be ready aug1... Got my fingers crossed! Lol thanks for the interest....

I heated the peaches up to about 170... Then I chilled to room temp.67 or so..... Then I racked on top for 14 days..... It'll be ready aug1... Got my fingers crossed! Lol thanks for the interest....

Should be a good call as you've described. I just added 1.5 lbs. homemade peach puree to my 3 gallon batch of blonde after 3 days in the primary. Set on the peaches for 10 days. Great flavor when I checked it on bottling day. Drinking day CANNOT get here fast enough on that one!

Back