PEACH cider recipe, anybody have one that they really like?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ike

nOob for life
Reaction score
When I'm cruising the recipe forums, I can usually gauge how good one is by how many replies there are in the thread. Example: the Centennial Blonde recipe, or Edwort's original posting for apfelwein. Along that line, I've checked around the recipe forum and can't seem to find a peach cider that people really like. There are plenty of "here's what I tried" threads, but very few follow-up replies about how awesome it was and/or subtle changes that were made.

I've tried peach alone and peach/apple a few times now (all using store-bought juices) and have never been able to find something really GOOD. I also glance around the shelves and don't see peach as a common flavor in retail ciders. Is peach just the Holy Grail of cider making? The mythical Loch Ness Monster? Something that will always be sought but just out of reach?

My heart yearns for peachy goodness, somebody show me the way!

Last edited:
I'll be watching this thread as I have some peach jam that I'm debating on using in a future batch.

I've made peach, but wasn't a fav. 100% all super sweet white peaches +1kg of brown sugar. I didn't take an og but prob 14-16%. Tasted like brandy at first. Has really improved with time. I have 2 magnum champagne bottles stored. Will be opening one end of april - 4.5yr mark I think.
All guessing as i don't have the notes on it anymore. Challenge I've had are time related. Takes time to age, finish and mellow. But no good documentation to guide me. Certain that I used 1118 yeast though.

I peeled and pitted, froze then thawed. Put in a large kettle with just enough h2o to cover. Heated to 130-ish and maintained for several hrs (made peach consomme) added brown sugar (I think) till it tasted where I wanted it.

Carefully ladled out over 2 bowls of french vanilla ice cream for wife and I while it cooled. Then put the remaining 6+ gal in a carboy with champagne yeast.

If added LorAnn peach flavoring...about 1ml per gallon to my regular cider...and it turned out quite tasty.

Cheers!

The organic peach juice at Trader Joe's is very tasty and contains all the skins that really add to the flavor as well as a little tannin for mouth feel. I let mine ferment dry and I will back sweeten it using FAJC at bottling to get the the peach flavor to come back. When the cider is super dry the fruit just does not seem to be there, but a little sweetness really helps to fortify the fruit flavor. I am only adding enough FAJC to carbonate and leave a 2% residual sweetness.
I added 1 gallon of Peach Juice to 4 gallons of apple juice, and the peach flavor is there, but it is not over powering.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back