Peach Beer? Help requested

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BankerJohn

Reaction score
I have a peach tree that is ripe. Thinking of possibly fruiting a beer. Has anyone made a beer and added fruit to the fermenter?

I have a batch in primary that has been there 2 weeks. I'm thinking of adding peaches in a mesh bag to the brew. Should I rack off the yeast then add fruit or leave on the yeast and add the fruit to kick of a second ferment?

Advice and guidance here would be appreciated!

I agree, secondary for sure if you want to keep the yeast by washing it. If not, it's really your choice. It's going to ferment a little bit anyway with the yeast that's still in suspension going into secondary.

I have a peach tree that is ripe. Thinking of possibly fruiting a beer. Has anyone made a beer and added fruit to the fermenter?

I have a batch in primary that has been there 2 weeks. I'm thinking of adding peaches in a mesh bag to the brew. Should I rack off the yeast then add fruit or leave on the yeast and add the fruit to kick of a second ferment?

Advice and guidance here would be appreciated!

How did this turn out. I am just putting an apa in to primary and am considering adding a little peach to it. I want just a hint in the back ground. Let me know what you did.

Back