PDX All Grainers...I need your Spent Grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortSnoutBrewing

Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
Reaction score
PDX folk...I'd like to take your spent grains off your hands. If you're brewing either next weekend (May 1st) or the weekend after (May 8th) let me know. I'll come pick up your spent grains.

I may be brewing up a batch, thinking about something stoutty...I will let you know. My wife likes to grab a couple of cups or so for making bread, but if I do brew then you can have anything else leftover. No worries. Keeps me from forgetting to throw them out for an extra week and then having to deal with the resulting cleaning issues...

May be brewing in that time frame,not sure. What are your plans for the grains? A responsible grain parent wants to know what is happening to their little brew babies.

LOL

I'm going pro, but in a different fashion. Hitting the farmers market circuit with home made dog treats using the grains. Pub Grub for Pups by Short Snout Brewing. First gig starts on the 12th and I don't think I'll be able to brew between now and then so I need grains. If I have to, I'll brew, but it just will make things even tighter than they already are.

Craft brewers in Portland? Hmm...not sure there are any ;)
Yeah, went that route and I've gotten little response. Those that are willing want to sell them, and at much larger quantities than I need and want long term contracts. I really probably just need one person's batch to get started and I'll probably be able to take it from there.

Craft brewers in Portland? Hmm...not sure there are any ;)
Yeah, went that route and I've gotten little response. Those that are willing want to sell them, and at much larger quantities than I need and want long term contracts. I really probably just need one person's batch to get started and I'll probably be able to take it from there.

Well that just sucks! So much for the "brewing community".

So, you doing different names and shapes for grains from different "brews"?

Pug Porter Pucks?
Dalmation Dunkelweizen Doggie Bones?
Mutt Maibock Munchies?

May 1 too soon, May 8th better!

Send me a PM if you don't find anything sooner.

Only charge you a sample dog treat (for the dog)

Kilted, you East, West, North or South Portland? I just dumped 17lbs from a Blonde ale today but I will be brewing a Pilsner in a few weeks.

I'm SE. Technically in Milwaukie, but if I cross the street I'm in PDX...I'll travel, that's no big deal.

Thank you all again for helping out. It's a huge help.

FYI, I'll be at the Moreland Farmers Market every Wed. from 3:30 - 7:30 starting May 12th.

Good luck to you! Im not anywhere near you or you could have mine. Ive never heard of using grain for dog treats. I take it there isnt anything in the grains that could hurt the dog? I have a lab, so it would be great to have some home brew treats! I am kind of picky about what he eats, what all is in your treats? Will you be shipping them?

Nothing dangerous at all. Search for "Make Your Best Friend Cookies" and you see a pretty lengthy discussion. There are even a few commercial breweries now selling similar treats (Dogfish being one of them). I do all sorts of flavors, just adding in the grains. Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Pie seem to be the most popular. I do a "Bacon Cheeseburger" and a natural flea repellent, and will expand as time goes on. Everything is all natural, and I use organic/local ingredients when available.

I do have plans of shipping. Working with some folks on getting a website and all that jazz set up. I'll be sure to post about it all once all the wheels are turning.

Back