Pdppp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feedthebear

Reaction score
I've learned a new lesson: Prior Drinking Prevents Poor Performance.

I'm bottling the stout tomorrow night and I've discovered I need to drink at least a six pack tonight or buy a new case of bottles at lunch time tomorrow.

Tough decision: Get drunk or buy more equipment....

Maybe I can change that to get drunk and buy more equipment.

:rockin:

Drink up and do some drunk surfing! That's how I wound up with a big chunk of the stuff I have now - lol

I had exactly the same problem two nights ago. Thought that I had enough bottles to bottle "ye olde ripper", was wrong and had to drink another four bottles of cascade draught (bought beer) so I could fill them with the good stuff. I reckoned that I could just rinse them quickly with sterilisation solution and drain them I could just fill them up straight away. :D

Did not want to waste the HB and did not have the time to clean any other bottles.

Boy was I tired when I finally got to bed :drunk:

Yes. Proper prior drinking prevents piss-poor performance.

I'm going to try to clear 2x 16oz and a 22oz. and that should make me okay.

And it should make for enough bottles tomorrow too.

But I think this is a really good excuse to pick up another case of 16oz. swing tops. I'd rather buy some new 16s than have to scrub, sanitize, and fill every single 12oz. bottle I've collected.

Besides, I need to pick up some whole hops and a new bucket for the lambic I'm brewing in January. Another case of bottles isn't that much extra.

I didn't think of that dibby33. But the only non HB bottles I have are guinness and they are such a pain to remove lables from.

feedthebear said:
I didn't think of that dibby33. But the only non HB bottles I have are guinness and they are such a pain to remove lables from.

Seemed so logical to me at the time (i.e. after ~4hrs prior drinking). I didn't bother to remove the labels, in fact all 54 stubbies still have cascade draught labels on them! Just remembered that I did not put a mark on the bottle tops either so I now have 50+ bottles of beer at 11.5% sitting waiting for a victim! This could get dangerous and probably messy.:tank:

...I am not lazy, just energy efficient :)

Chairman Cheyco said:
Don't you mean: ppdpppp?

Proper prior drinking prevents piss-poor performance.

:mug:

PPDPP - Proper prior drinking promotes piss? It would suck to have to put the bottle wand down to go take a leak. :D

Back