PBS-1101 beer maker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamilgrig

Reaction score
I'm almost new in All Grain, probably about 20 brews total.
My friends ordered on my 50-th aniv. automated beer-maker PBS-1101 from Fareo inc.
It's on the way right now, should be delivered in Jan.
Has anyone used it?
Is it good or is it bad?
I cannot find any info.

Junk.

Look it up on the Internet. They call a ladle a special tool. Dummies.

Spend your money elsewhere.

OP seems like a schill.

It's arrived today! I'm unpacking it now.
BTW, it is not just a ladle enclosed. There are slits on the bottom.

Pictures or it didn't happen. Can you take some pictures of the system? Tell us how the first brew day went, when you get to it.

The OP has been around HBT for a handful of years and nothing in his posts here suggests a history of shill work.
While the price for this machine is astounding imo the sniping seems premature wrt functionality and performance.
After all they've only been shipping them for a couple of days and there's absolutely zero info on the 'net on it aside from the manufacturer's web pages...

Cheers!

Yes, I posted the same in automated brewing forum, but nobody answered me. Repeated here.
As promised, pics. Sorry for bad camera in my smartphone.
20181228_191744.jpg
20181228_191803.jpg

The design is... I would say - not sleek. A little bit rude. Not bad, generally.
I have unused bathroom in my basement and going to install it there. According to User Manual I need to buy two Y-adapters. The included adapters are not suitable for my case.

So, for the sake of pretending like this is real ... wheres the grain go. How do you get it in there. Where's the water hook in. Generally, hows this thing work?

Nevermind ... I just wasted 10 minutes of my life looking at the various links on the website.

Seems like it's capable of handling 17.5 lbs of grain via biab. Cramming the empty bag through the 3 inch hole might not be that bad. Ladelling out all that wet grain one scoop at a time though at the end of the mash ... or is that where the slits in the bottom come in.

If this were only April 1st, it would have been a valiant effort.

What I have learned so far. The device must be permanently hooked to cold and hot water lines and the drain must be established to existing sink or like for washer/dishwasher. The mashing bag is inserted first, then grain should follow. Extracting the grain takes 10-15 minutes.
I'm going to share the tap connectors under the sink. The are 2 Y-adapters need to be installed.
We are going to short voyage now to warmer place. I will continue the investigation shortly.

Latest posts

Back