Paulaner Salvator Doppel Bock...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgbranch

Reaction score
I just had the chance to drink one of these recently and really, really enjoyed it. I am about to brew my first lager and thought this would be a great way to start.
Anyone know of a good Clone recipe for this one?

Thanks!

I don't have any info on a Salvator but I'll throw Spaten's Optimator out there. A few years ago I found a thread on the NB forum about Optimator and saw this:

"I emailed the brewery a while back and they gave me feedback. Their recipe is very simple. One malt, one hop. They told me that the hop really didnt matter b/c it contributes very little to the flavor. The key is the decoction mash and the long boil." -mashweasel-

One malt, one hop, I thought that was awesome and had to try it.

I bought a 55# bag of Weyermann's dark munich for my malt and don't remember what boiling hop I used. Did a triple decoction and boiled for about 2-1/2 hours. I had made a 2-1/2 gallon starter and pitched that. It turned out great. The biggest thing it was fresh, something I don't have luck with in imported beers.

Latest posts

Back