Partial mash brewers deserve respect.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cposten

Reaction score
I learned to brew all grain and have always done so. That being said made a graff tonight and holy crap, you boys that do this on this on a regular deserve a badge all your own. Givin i had a toddler, and a wood fire to babysit, as well as tryin to make a 1 gal batch and cant believe how hard it actually is to hit STEADY mash temps on an electric stove. Here is one all grain guy tipping his hat to the other guys. Great job, i will never sit back and listen to someone bash you.

P.s this is just a Compliment. Dont want to rile up the partial grain/extract nation. Just want to say "youre doing a helluva a job. Keep up the great work!"

P.p.s i am more than happy to learn any tips or tricks from you guys

I learned to brew all grain and have always done so. That being said made a graff tonight and holy crap, you boys that do this on this on a regular deserve a badge all your own. Givin i had a toddler, and a wood fire to babysit, as well as tryin to make a 1 gal batch and cant believe how hard it actually is to hit STEADY mash temps on an electric stove. Here is one all grain guy tipping his hat to the other guys. Great job, i will never sit back and listen to someone bash you.

P.s this is just a Compliment. Dont want to rile up the partial grain/extract nation. Just want to say "youre doing a helluva a job. Keep up the great work!"

P.p.s i am more than happy to learn any tips or tricks from you guys

I did PMs exclusively for most of my brewing 'career'. I quickly learned that the best way to hold temps is to not maintain on the stove. Just pull the pot off the stove and wrap it lidded in old comfortors and winter coats. You only lose a couple degrees tops over the hour.

Brewing pb/pm biab allowed me to go pm with just a nylon paint strainer bag in the same 5 gallon ss stock pot I started with. I can get that fresh taste with whatever flavor/aroma complexities I want besides varying colors how I wish. Best of both worlds to me. Still takes a full day to mash,sparge,boil,etc. But the end result is so worth it. Been doing it a year or so now.

As long as I get beer, I don't really care either way! Depends on one's set-up, budgets, strength of beer, etc. If I got the time, AG all the way. If I am stuck inside on my stove top like this winter or brewing a high gravity beer, PM definitely help me out some. Doing it 4 years now. Jumped right into AG after a couple of Mr. Beer batches I got from a X-Mas present...prob one of the best gifts ever!

I just like how pb/pm biab works so well to get good,fresh tasting beers. Minimal investment for better product in the same kettle. I've brewed up to OG 1.074 this way in that same bag & 5 gallon SS BK/MT. It's like getting the fun/creativity of AG with the ease of extract to get the OG up. Along with some flavor & color. This way,I don't need extra expensive equipment to add mashed grain wort to my beers.

Latest posts

Back