Palm Beach County well water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GParkins

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone here done an analysis of the well water in the northern part of Palm Beach county? I'm brewing on Sunday, and I'd like to find a definitive source for the pH I can expect from the water I get from the filter kiosk in the vestibule of my local Publix. I'm pretty sure it uses Town of Jupiter city water, and runs it through a few filters to get rid of the chlorine smell.

Has anyone here done an analysis of the well water in the northern part of Palm Beach county? I'm brewing on Sunday, and I'd like to find a definitive source for the pH I can expect from the water I get from the filter kiosk in the vestibule of my local Publix. I'm pretty sure it uses Town of Jupiter city water, and runs it through a few filters to get rid of the chlorine smell.

Is this kiosk a stand alone vending machine that you bring your container, insert money, and it vends water? Maybe Glacier? If so these use RO systems that remove almost all minerals. Great for brewing as you have a blank slate that you can customise your water profile to suit the type of beer being brewed or your taste.

I think that it's a Glacier machine. It's $1.50 for 5 gallons. A blank slate would be awesome. Now all I have to do is wrap my head around the chemistry in the "Water" book from the Brewing Elements series.

Back