Oxygenator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2005STi

Reaction score
Any reasons why combining an o2 regulator, a disposable o2 tank, vinyl tubing, and an air stone wouldn't work to oxygenate my wort ?

I built that exact setup using the screw on regulator that came with a brazing setup from 30 yrs ago, and a bronze airstone. Worked great, but can't judge effectiveness yet, 4 batches still in carboys. 3 were pitched from starters, and were active within a few hours, the 4th was a direct pitch with yeast from the local brewpub givaway, and it took 2 days to start, but jumped to life once it started. Hoping to cross O2 off my list of things to do better. The first goes into bottles in a few days.

Northern Brewer released this same setup with SS air stone a few days later. My direct cost was under $10 for the bronze air stone. I had the tubing and regulator.

An upgrade I plan to do is to use a rigid tube on the stone so I can easily push it to the bottom, and swirl too.

Latest posts

Back