Oxygenation system???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly765

Reaction score
Got this sucker on craigslist for $20...
What do i need to make a O2 wand/stone system?
Also...the bottle hydro date is '84 (yes 30 years!)
There is some O2 in it......use it?
what will it cost to hydro this bottle?
has anyone seen a bottle like this?
Will the gas Co. even hydro / fill it?

Thanks!

photo (6).jpg

you might be able to swap it for a hydro-ed tank if you find a place that does exchanges. i know you can do this with old co2 tanks.

I don't know about the prospects of using the O2 bottle shown, but I can highly recommend the wand / stone from William's Brewing. It is a stainless steel wand with an SS stone on the end. All that's necessary is to throw it into the boil along with the chiller and it's automatically sanitized, then after the wort is chilled, transfer it to the fermenter and put the oxygen to it.

I don't know about the prospects of using the O2 bottle shown, but I can highly recommend the wand / stone from William's Brewing. It is a stainless steel wand with an SS stone on the end. All that's necessary is to throw it into the boil along with the chiller and it's automatically sanitized, then after the wort is chilled, transfer it to the fermenter and put the oxygen to it.

I use the system from Williams Brewing and have had great success with it.

Back