Over carbed beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunkerking

Reaction score
So I've started using my keezer and I have one beer that is slightly under carbed and the other that has way too much carbonation. The one with lots of carbonation seems to "cough" out a lot of foam whenever I pour a beer. I have a fan in the keezer and it's set at 39 degrees. Any thoughts?

Also feel like the beer is rushing through the line.

It wasn't force carbed. Set and forget it at 10. But lots of issues that I have fixed. Leak that I have fixed by distributor.

Purging... release pressure from keg ? Won't this just fill back up ?

Also seems to be a good amount of beer that stays in the line.

if your regulator is set at ten... and you are getting more than that into the keg...I wouldnt understand how that is possible. The only thing I can possibly think of is that you kegged too early and it carbed in the keg or it may be frozen in the bottom or you have a temp imbalance. If you purge it (disconnected form the gas) and it pressurizes again id suspect it is frozen. If it doesnt then hook it back up and see if it happens again. Soemtimes I get what I call an "angry keg". For whatever reason especially when first connected it will foam some especially on the first pour after awhile. May be some form of temp imbalance etc. If the bottom of your keg is colder than the top as it runs up and out Co2 will escape out of solution. Make sure your lines are looped and on top of your keg.

Ok I repositioned the temperature probe on my controller more toward the middle of the keezer.

Also purged and disconnected the gas. Reattached. Will see if this makes a difference tomorrow.

Back