Ovaltine chocolate milk stout?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsbarleytime

Reaction score
Will ovaltine work as a substitute for plain malted milk powder? Has no one done this? I am doing an all grain malted milk stout recipe called for 26 oz of malted milk powder just thought a chocolate malted milk stout sounded better. Thoughts?

Interesting. Looking at the nutrition info there are no proteins or fats, which is good.

What the heck is it then? Maltodextrin with some sugar and vitamins/minerals?

Greetings fellow brewers! The stout was finally keged up and its tasting wonderful no complaints. Finishing at 5% I did a 2 week primary. Then moved to 5 gallon carboy to clear and age for 5 weeks.

Greetings fellow brewers! The stout was finally keged up and its tasting wonderful no complaints. Finishing at 5% I did a 2 week primary. Then moved to 5 gallon carboy to clear and age for 5 weeks.

So what's it taste like?

Is it chocolately? What's the impact on the mouth feel and body? Head retention?

Clear stout? [emoji53]

Dark Chocolate character creamy mouth feel roasted coffee notes. Slight haze but pitch black in color.

I actually found a few of these stashed away in the basement and tried them. They had a mineraly taste that was off putting, I don't recommend it. I know I originally liked it but it's exactly how I remember it only I think my palette is a little more in tune with what I like.

Back