Output line from keg problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamieofthenorth

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me with something. I have CO2 pressure going into the keg just fine but on the output I have to press down really hard in order for it to make contact to get any liquid to come out of the keg (currently have it filled with diluted stars san). I've tried two different nozzles and have cleaned one out in particular so I'm guessing it's good. Any suggestions? I can get the liquid to flow out but I just have to press really hard to make that happen, which isn't right.

Assuming you're using ball locks, it almost sounds like the couplers are reversed on the keg. Try (as a test) putting the gas on the out and the liquid on the in. If they both fit right, that's probably your problem.

Thanks. I just figured out what I was doing wrong and feel like a complete idiot. I didn't realize that you lifted up on the outer part of the ball lock and then released it to lock it in properly, if that makes any sense. Thanks again, ready to keg this sucker!!

Back