Other forums?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx-brewer

Reaction score
I love forums and find them very helpful. I was curious what other forums yall are members of/frequently visit.

I currently am a member of this and cherokeeforum.com (i love my jeep Cherokee), and frequent meat smoking forums quite often.

I only go to one other forum fairly often- soapmakingforum.com

I rarely post, because when I first started there they were a bunch of arrogant "Did you try the search?" types (and the search there sucks badly. I"ve still NEVER found any sort of recipe forum, while they tell you to go search for a recipe).

This was my first forum ever, though. I didn't know forums about hobbies even existed until I had a question about a beer I was making, and googled it. I found this forum, and had my question answered in minutes. That was over 7 years ago- and I"m still here.

Yooper said:
I only go to one other forum fairly often- soapmakingforum.com

I rarely post, because when I first started there they were a bunch of arrogant "Did you try the search?" types (and the search there sucks badly. I"ve still NEVER found any sort of recipe forum, while they tell you to go search for a recipe).

This was my first forum ever, though. I didn't know forums about hobbies even existed until I had a question about a beer I was making, and googled it. I found this forum, and had my question answered in minutes. That was over 7 years ago- and I"m still here.

Thanks! I needed a new hobby!

For me, it's mostly other beer-related forums, especially Kal's site and the BiaB forum.

I'm also on a Maine hunting forum, but not super active there. There's a few Ford truck forums I visit as well... some snowmobile forums... some "adult" forums.

But as far as one that I'm on every single day... HBT is it.

I did usenet before forums. Usenet newsgroups were more like the wild west. A lot of good info but also a huge amount of trolls. Forums are more "cleaned up" versions of the newsgroups, but the forum needs to be in good hands. Generally, popular forums are.

I read forums more than I either join or post to them. Often landing at one or more with a Google search on a particular subject.

I am still a member at a handful of computer forums (linuxquestions.org virtualdr.com some others) I read more than post to.
I am a member at a few brewing forums including MrBeerFans where I am an Admin.

necrothreadtalk.com

Good people. Kinda dead there most of the time.

1609395513472.png

you did remember to wash your hands before posting that, right?

i used to hang around on shroomery, just in the gourmet sub group.. but they were just really drug addicts so i left..

and for a bit a while back i hung around morebeer's forum, but they didn't approve of my drinking. so once again left.

@FloppyKnockers that was funny! I almost spit my beer out!
@bracconiere they didn’t approve of your jolly personality? Well glad your here 😁

Honestly it’s here and YouTube, all the other beer brewing, cooking and meat smoking info I get there.

they didn’t approve of your jolly personality?

no, but to be fair. i WAS 260lb's and not eating at the time....thankfully i learned beer is not a complete meal, and i don't have to quit, just eat MORE not less....

forgot to mention when i joined this forum i joined cronometer.com too, but just didn't feel like i belonged...(i mean can you imagine ME hanging out with health-nuts? ;) i mean i know how to calculate my BMR, and that 3,500 calories is a pound, and that every extra 7-8 calories a day i consume over my BMR, maintains a extra pound of body weight. but pretty basic stuff) :mug:

@bracconiere oh so you were hangery and not jolly, makes sense why you didn’t fit in there. I am not a health nut but I try to watch what I eat and cut out as many processed foods as possible.

no i was just as jolly! i'm always jolly! or at least since i started drinking homebrew!

and they helped me learn how to sparge, that i had a co2 leak, and a 20# should last longer then a month.....

(and i can tell you what i ate years ago everyday, i watch it so close! and my avg vitmain mineral intake over periods of time! being i'm perfectly happy to just drink beer all day, i do research and just eat what i need for nutrients, saves me a ton on food bill, i can walk out of the store with a weeks worth of food for $10...they hate me for it! :D)

Back