Original Carboy Cleaner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redfox

Reaction score
anyone here use this device? if so, thoughts?

(primarily looking to save water during cleanup)

thanks!

Yes, this is a great product! I considered them because they sponsored our Home brew Club Comp. Bought one and it's fantastic. There may be cheaper versions, but this company is a supporter of home brewers.

Thanks for the link, Airplanedoc! I've been looking for a method to clean my corny kegs that I left a bit of IPA in for a year, and just can't quite get my hand inside, nor was Oxyclean working for me.

Much obliged!

Wish I had seen this before I bough and used my Carboy Cleaner last week...:(

I haven't had any problem with it. Mine was a Xmas present for myself. I got both the bottle and carboy size. It works well in both a carboy and BB. They seem to work just fine. The other nice thing is that since the rod is plastic, it will bend a bit to get the top of the carboy.

Because I use carboys and sanke kegs for fermenting, and I also keg, I purchased the Large Carboy & Sanke Keg Cleaner, and then purchased the extra pads for the smaller carboys and kegs. It works very well.

Yes, you can use a 6.5 gallon solution of warm PBW and soak for a day or so, but I'm generally cleaning several carboys and kegs on the same day (save up for a brew day while I'm sitting around), which makes something like the Carboy Cleaner much better for my purposes. Another advantage is that you use less PBW (only need to mix up half a gallon or so worth).

Back