Orange Colored Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltoftheearth

Reaction score
I have a tough time accurately perceiving colors and was wondering if there is a way to anticipate making a beer that might be widely considered "orange" in color. Looking to brew a beer celebrating Syracuse's move to the ACC this summer.

To put it a little differently, comparing a beer to a color wheel isn't terribly helpful. If there were a Pantone color scale or something of that nature (pegging a color to a number) it would be more helpful.

Try cloning Syracuse's own Empire Brewing's pumpkin ale, thats a nice orange color.

The real challenge is getting a blue beer for Pitt.

Sure is... I just made an orange moon and posted the pic in the recipes section. Also, blue moon has a orange tint to I which you will find several different recipes for.

How bout amber orange? My AE Sunset Gold APA used a 3lb bag of Munton's plain light DME & 1 can Cooper's OS Draught to get the amber orange color. It was a 6 gallon batch.

Latest posts

Back