opps...bottling faux pau

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpseaton

Reaction score
Normally I carb my beer for 3 weeks @ 70F and agitate the bottles about mid way through to keep the yeast active and happy. Plus this is a great time to attach the labels.

However I allowed my kids to help and noticed, to late, that they were VIGOROUSLY SHAKING the bottles before returning them to the case.

Please tell me that my beer will be ok.
I'm worried that we may have just made bottle bombs or that the beer will turn out flat.

You will be fine. It's no different than shaking a pop bottle and then letting it sit and the CO2 absorb back into the beer. If the caps were going to blow they would probably have done so already.

Also for your future reference, you don't need to agitate the bottles during conditioning. The yeast will find the food.

Welcome to HBT by the way! :mug:

you'd only gently agitate the bottles if you sampled some and they weren't carbing up, and weren't showing any sediment forming.

yeast's sole purpose in this world is to find sugar and eat it.

Thanks Guys, being new to this I was a little worried that I might have offended the beer gods and the kids are a big help during bottling. They think it's magic. (sometimes so do I)

Latest posts

Back