Opinions on my hop schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hnsfeigel

Reaction score
Hey guys, getting ready to re-brew my Flying Dog influenced APA and wanted to bounce this off you guys. Brewed this once before and liked it, but wanted to change it up a little.

The first time I used:
1 oz Northern Brewer @ 60 min
2 oz Cascade @ 10 min
1 oz Cascade Dry-hop

I only have 1/2 oz Cascade left, but have 1.5 Centennial I was going to use. This is what I was thinking:

1 oz Northern Brewer @ 60 min
.75 oz Centennial @ 15 min
.5 oz Cascade @ 10 min
.75 oz Centennial Dry-hop

...Which should put me at about 41 IBU's, a little less the original. Any thoughts? Would it be better to do a little more Centennial for flavor, and less for the dry-hop?

In case it helps, the grain bill is 9lb 2-row, 1lb C-80 and 2oz Chocolate.

Thanks in advance!

I do too, I actually have them left from BM's blonde. :rockin: Will move that Cascade to flameout, thanks!

Edit: Just realized I entered it in the software wrong... will need to use 1oz Centennial to get me up to 40 IBU, should I still Dry-hop the other half ounce, or just put it in the boil?

I do too, I actually have them left from BM's blonde. :rockin: Will move that Cascade to flameout, thanks!

Edit: Just realized I entered it in the software wrong... will need to use 1oz Centennial to get me up to 40 IBU, should I still Dry-hop the other half ounce, or just put it in the boil?

I really like what dryhopping brings. Do you have any more citrusy/American hops?

That is actually all I have. Should have bought more but for some reason when I entered the numbers wrong, I thought I had enough. :(

Back